With grouped products, you can present multiple products on a single product detail page. Rather than offering a product more or less isolated from the rest of your catalog, you can present associated products together on one page, where each product becomes a separate cart item. Working with grouped products provides the following benefits:
- Better, more practically-oriented structuring of your catalog data.
- Easier detection of similar products when they are grouped, hence more sales.
- More sales when customers see useful, required or desirable products on the same page.
When you associate a simple product to a grouped product, you can specify whether the simple product is individually visible (or just visible on the grouped product page). A product that is not individually visible does not appear in search results or in product lists of categories.
Imagine you want to sell a video game console. If someone is interested in buying one, he may also be interested in buying:
- One or multiple games
- A wireless controller
- A wireless headset
- A USB charge cable
Adding a grouped product
- Navigate to Catalog > Manage products and click Add new.
- Select Grouped product as Product type and as Product template.
- Enter a Product name and click Save and continue edit.
Assigning products to a grouped product
- Switch to the Associated products tab of your grouped product and click Add new associated product.
- Select one or more products by activating the checkbox in the first column. You can use the search form to find the products you want to associate more quickly.
- Click the Save button. The selected products now appear in the grid of associated products.
- You can remove the assignment again by clicking Delete in the grid of associated products.
- You can change the display order of the associated products on the grouped product page by clicking Edit and changing the order value.